Monday, January 13, 2014

called to serve


I made this montage for a special combined church meeting focusing on missionary work. It contains video clips and pictures of missionaries currently serving from the Live Oak Canyon Ward of the Santa Margarita Stake along with segments from general conference talks that can be found online at lds.org. I certainly do not own the rights to any of that or the music, however I do own the rights of loving all the people in them. They are AWESOME.

But seriously, I love these people! My homeward has always had a fairly large youth group and growing up with them has been a blast. Anyhow, we've now reached that college age where we're now making big kid decisions and going our separate ways. Which in our church usually means college or mission calls! Right now our ward alone has 17 missionaries(male and female ages 18-21) out in the field right now with a few more soon on the way! These missionaries are close friends that I've grown up with my whole life. While I may miss them like crazy, this work they are doing is so much greater! The message they have to share is not only bettering their lives and building up their own testimonies, but changing the lives and futures of so many others! This Gospel of Jesus Christ truly is the most valuable piece of information you will find anywhere. Just understanding where you came from, where you're going, and the purpose of our mere existence alone means so much! Life just makes sense with the gospel and living it brings me so much happiness on a day to day basis! This gift I've been given is one I want to share with everyone just so they too can feel of this unexplainable joy the spirit of the gospel brings me. I love it, I live it, and I seriously never want to be without out. While I may not have ever been "called" on a mission like these friends of mine, that doesn't stop me from trying to be a missionary to those around me and you can to! We are all called to the work and have such a great message to share!

Want to learn more about this message?
Speak with the missionaries yourself!  or
Find out the real scoop on all this "Book of Mormon" stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment